If you’re planning on getting a divorce from your spouse, it may be difficult to think of how your life could change. You know that things won’t be the same, and you are worried about how you’ll be perceived.
You should know that you’re not alone in choosing divorce. Divorces are extremely common, and the chances are that you and others you know all have met people who are going through what you’re going through today.
Some interesting facts about divorce include that:
- Divorce rates are actually dropping in the United States.
- Bad habits with alcohol have been shown to have a negative impact on marriages. It’s believed that 50% of couples that have at least one drinker could divorce.
- The majority of parents who seek child support after divorce do not receive the full amount.
- It’s believed that 39% of all marriages will end in divorce.
- Fighting to stay together due to having children could actually increase the risk of divorce. A poor relationship with your spouse could negatively impact your children and increase their chances of divorcing in the future.
Divorces happen to people every day. Couples who thought they’d be together forever, people with children and even those who have been together for decades decide it’s time to move on. You don’t have to be ashamed or worry about what other people think.
Your attorney will work closely with you to help you understand all the steps of a divorce and what you need to do to divorce successfully. Our website has more information on the steps to take next.