We Can Establish Legal Guardianship For Disabled Adults And Minor Children

When a family member or loved one is unable to care for himself or herself, you can arrange for the appointment of a guardian or conservator to ensure that the family member’s needs are met. We understand these are difficult decisions to make. LeVine Ehrman Ltd. helps families protect their assets and care for loved ones through the legal appointment of guardians.

  • Have questions about guardianship? Call us today at 708-840-7779.

Plan For The Protection Of Your Loved Ones

Legal guardianships are commonly appointed for minor children with no surviving parents, or for elderly or disabled adults who are unable to provide sufficient self-care. If a will, trust or power of attorney does not name a guardian, a court will appoint someone of its choosing. To avoid the guardianship of your loved ones being decided by a stranger, be proactive and plan for their protection ahead of time.

It is a good idea for people to think about the issues involved in selecting a legal guardian before the need for one arises. Legal guardians are responsible for making decisions regarding the needs of the child or adult, including shelter, education and medical care. The guardian may also provide financial management.

When Issues Arise In Guardianships

Settling on a guardian is not always straightforward, especially if there is someone qualified in one respect, but not in another. In these cases, guardianships can be appointed to more than one person, separated into the guardianship of person and guardianship of the estate. Whoever is appointed guardian of the person makes decisions concerning the minor child’s or disabled adult’s physical well-being, while the guardian of the estate manages property, money and investments.

Contact A Guardianship Lawyer For Experienced Legal Guidance

For assistance with appointing a legal guardian for a minor child or disabled adult, complete an online contact form, or call 708-840-7779 to arrange a free initial consultation. Our firm is located in Tinley Park, Illinois.